Thursday, March 21, 2013

Benefit Fake Up

I try and not blow my money on makeup and do a pretty good job of finding cheap alternatives. I have been looking for an under eye concealer that I love for awhile now. I am always so dry under my eyes, and concealer sometimes makes it look worse.

I was wandering through Nordstrom the other day and happened to get drug by the counter girl into the Benefit chair. (I NEVER do this- I just had a few hours away from my kids, so I thought what the heck?!) Well she was trying to sell me everything under the sun, but she tried out their new Hydrating Crease Controller, Fake Up. It is packed full of Vitamin E and Apple Seed extract. It claims to diffuse light, smooth skin and hide dark circles. She put it on me and I left the store thinking It would be creased and gunky looking by the time I got home and I was WRONG! I went back the next day and picked it up and have been using it for about 3 weeks now and I love it!
Benefit Cosmetics - Fake Up
$25




What I like about it:
- It actually doesn't crease
- Very hydrating
- Love the look
- Lasts all day

What I don't like:
- The coverage isn't that great - It covers, but sometimes I feel like I need a little more

I do think it was worth it though, something I will probably be buying again.  Yay for covering up under eye dryness and darkness!!

1 comment:

Darci Buhl said...

I have been hunting for a good under eye concealer! The ones I've tried are wayyyy too bright and leave me looking like a creep. Good to know, next time I get out of the house(which will probably be next year) I'll try this!